1. Powersheets. Ok, but seriously, come October 25th when they launch their 2018 Powersheets, GO get them. No, but really, go to your calendar right now and set a reminder to buy them, and join me in cultivating a year that matters.
2. So it’s not always the easiest thing to find a show that both Cameron and I can enjoy. He’s into shows like The Men Who Built America and Wicked Tuna, and I’m into, well you know, real quality TV shows, like The West Wing and House of Cards….That is absolutely a lie, I don’t think I’ve ever even watched a single episode of either of those shows. I’m a LOUD and PROUD reality TV junkie. Real Housewives of NY, OC, BH, and of course NJ, So You Think You Can Dance, Shahs of Sunset, Top Chef, you name it, I probably love it. And since Cameron hates all those shows (with the exception of Shahs of Sunset, which he says remind him of my Miami friends), you can imagine the excitement in the Grogan household when we land on a show we both enjoy. Currently our favorite is Last Chance U which you can find on Netflix. If you haven’t watched it, do yourself a favor and do it, especially before football season starts, Season 1 is some of the best TV I’ve ever seen.
3. Thankful for Mallory Martinez. Last week, I had the most BIZARRE situation happen to me. It had been a crazy week in this country, and more and more I see the importance of loving the ones around you well, and even more treated everyone, even those from different walks of life, kindly.and my amazing and loyal friend came around me, cared for me, encouraged me, and protected me, and so as I reflected on that this past week, I couldn’t help but think about how blessed I am to have this person as a friend. So that being said, you should go support her small, BIG HEARTED shop, Coco Bella and follow @cocobellamiami on Instagram because when she does do Instastories, they’re hilarious.
4. My last six-month skin obsession is Vitamin C Face Oil. In preparing my skin for my wedding, my facialist in Miami stressed the importance of including Vitamin C in my skin repoitoire. “No questions asked,” she said. “It’s a MUST.” Since then, Vitamin C Oil has been part of my daily skin routine. It has several benefits. It defends skin from free radicals, reduces brown spots, brightens skin, and boosts collagen production.
5. Breakfast for Dinner. Cameron and I decided in our first months of marriage that we wanted to start a family tradition of Sunday Breakfast for Dinner, and though it isn’t always on a Sunday, we definitely enjoy incorporating this in the weekly meal plan. Last Friday, I made some pancakes, but with a healthy twist of course. They came out pretty delicious if you ask me.
Protein Packed Gluten Free Cacao Pancakes
1 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
1 scoop Vital Protein Collagen Peptides
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 ripe banana
1 cup nut milk (I used homemade hemp milk)
Sprinkle of cinnamon and vanilla extract